Sunday, February 14, 2016

Monster (Poetry by Me #4)

Yesterday, When I was younger
We were asked to draw a monster
So I drew a creature
With three eyes, four arms, and furry hair
My friend next to me
She drew an angel
I didn't understand

We were taught that monsters
Were just fictional stories
Used to spark fear
Into the hearts of little children
An angel just didn't match that description

If I was asked to draw a monster today
I would not draw what I did back then
I would draw anxiety, depression
and all the real monsters of the world

I would draw an angel
Because the worst of monsters
Disguise themselves as
Everything we could ever wish for

The real monsters are right in front of us
They hide in plain sight
Because nobody would expect a monster
To hide in the light

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is deep and so well written! And so true... so true. Great poem :D love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am glad you liked it! :D It is super special to me, and I am always happy to see people connect with it

      Delete