1. What’s your name?
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
Oregon, United States (I mean, I could give you my address?... No?.. Too personal?.. Yeah, you're probably right.)
Saaaaaame. Oregon and same region.
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I decided last year that I really wanted to share with other people my love for books! (Of course selfishly I thought about getting ARCs of books...) but mostly it was to meet new people and learn about new books and share about great ones!
Cody forced me into this. Not that I'm unhappy! But it was not my idea.
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
Roecker is my last name and I wanted to incorporate it so I titled my blog Roecker Reviews because I thought it flowed nicely. What do you guys think?
I had no part in the creation of this blog name. but the name is catchy, it's got alliteration. That's always nice.
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
I am pretty sure that my most common type of book is Young Adult Fantasy, but I also read a lot of YA Contemporary as well!
Whatever Cody tells me to read, and probably occasional other stuff. I tend to like classic lit more than he does.
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
I started doing TBRs this month, and I am looking into doing a few other ideas. I am really new to this whole blogging thing and I am not really sure what I am doing... But that's totally okay! Every Sunday I post one of my poems that I have written! I will be doing this until I run out of poems! What suggestions do you have? I'd love to learn some new post ideas! I'm planning on doing some Unpopular Opinions posting, as well as some Waiting on Wednesday posts and other things... but as I said, I am still learning.
7. Best blogging experience so far?
I absolutely died when Abrams Books quoted me on their twitter from my review of Seven Ways We Lie by Riley Redgate (SUCH AN AMAZING BOOK!)
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
The inclusiveness. Everyone feels like family, even those bloggers I haven't talked to yet!
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
1. A Torch Against The Night by Sabaa Tahir
2. Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
3. Throne of Glass 5 by Sarah J Maas
4. Timekeeper by Tara Sim
5. Enter Title Here by Rahul Kanakia
Honorable Mention: Caraval by Stephanie Garber (pushed back to 2017)
1. Timekeeper by Tara Sim
2. Honestly I'm not in the loop about stuff that's yet to come out yet but I just like clocks
5. Yeah I don't know
10. Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!
1. Harry Potter (all of them) (I KNOW I AM SO SORRY DO NOT KILL ME) by J K Rowling
2 The Golden Compass Trilogy by Peter Pulman
3 Game of Thrones (at least book 1) by George R. R. Martin
4 The Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare
5 Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
1. In The Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken
2. Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness
3. The Once and Future King by T.H. White
4. Dracula by Bram Stoker
5. Most H.G. Wells novels
(I said I like classic lit)
11. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
I'm not sure if it counts as underrated but Pendragon by D.J MacHale is one of my favorite series of all time, because I grew up reading it. (Not as they were published, but shortly after...) Travelling is involved and it is probably what sparked my interest in time travel (which when done well is one of my favorite things so needless to say, 2016 is a good year for books for me!)
Also: My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga is incredibly underrated in its relation to All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven... I have not read ATBP but it is very hyped whereas I don't remember seeing a big hypefest for MY HEART.
The Infernal Devices is infinitely better than The Mortal Instruments and anyone that wants to fight me on that can meet me by the flag pole after school.
In terms of underrated books though...
I think that in the age of YA, classic lit is forgotten. It can be really interesting, I swear.
And oh man. I love "Magic's Pawn", by Mercedes Lackey. Very good.
I can go on about books both underrated and OVERRATED for a long time.
12. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
Jude from The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. He is the most precious cinnamon roll in all of existence and I love him so much. Oh, and Wylan from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo!
Naturally I want to say Jem Carstairs because I adore him but ideally I'd just straight up marry him. I still love Johnny Desperado from Vampirates even though I'm not twelve. And oh my God, Hamlet. The royal Dane to match my wits.
13. Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
Can I have Iseult from Truthwitch? Or Adam Parrish from The Raven Cycle?
Oh this is what I wanted. James Carstairs, of course.
14. Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max)
Are they able to use powers they may possess? If so...
1. Aeduan from Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
2. Cole from The Darkest Minds Trilogy by Alexandra Bracken
3. Lysandra from The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas
It's really hard to pick book characters only. Hm.
1. The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland. I don't know why but that feels right
2. The Pied Piper because he'll tootle toot the zombies into the ocean. Assuming it's a zombie apocalypse.
3. Aslan from The Chronicles of Narnia because he's actually God
15. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
I am very active in my theatre department at my high school and really enjoy acting in general and the community it brings. I am the president of out troupe this year which is exciting and insane at the same time. Troupe 7125! I also love to write, and I have started a countless number of stories and I am working hard on a few different ones at the moment, switching off between them to avoid a block in my head. I hope to eventually publish a book... After working in publishing for a few years.
I also love Netflix (as we all do), I really enjoy the TV shows Quantico, Once Upon A Time, Code Black, Amazing Race, Survivor, Big Brother, and I loved White Collar and Psych when they were on! :D
I am a writer first and foremost. I also enjoy crying, theater, eating new food, playing loads of Dragon Age...
16. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
I am not the biggest fan of shopping... but I do like buying T-shirts... which all of mine are from Kohl's.
Same. But not Kohl's. I have only bought like two things from Kohl's... I also like grocery shopping. Especially for ethnic or obscure foods that I haven't tried before.
17. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley, Hallelujah, (For whatever reason I have always LOVED both of those songs) A Twenty One Pilots song, or whatever my favorite song in that moment is. (Which is Stand by You by Rachel Platten & Ophelia by The Lumineers)
Synesthesia, by Andrew McMahon
18. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
The Pendragon Series by D. J. MacHale. This is my favourite series of all time... I grew up with it and I adore it so much. I think there is so much material from the 10 books and I would love to see it put into a TV show so we can really see all of the different places Bobby travels!
A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. And that's actually happening, by the way. Shout out to Netflix.
19. What would your dream library look like?
Belle's in Beauty in the Beast. or something like this:
I have a slight obsession with trees, and one of my proudest accomplishments is a story I am working on involving trees.
One that's really looooong but not very tall because I am terrified of heights. That's all I know for sure. I also designed a pretty rad library in a story I wrote one time. Cody knows the story.
20. Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?
Becky Albertalli (as long as I can have some oreos with her as well) Alexandra Bracken (It would also be nice to tell her in person how she has destroyed me time and time again. But really, she just seems like a really kind person that I would enjoy talking to!) Countless others really, but I really want to meet these two authors!
OSCAR WILDE. Not even a question, like literally. He is my soul.