Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Book Review: The One by Kiera Cass (The Selection Book 3)


The One (The Selection, #3)
Title: The One
Author: Kiera Cass
Page Count: 323
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian Romance
Rating:5/ 5 Stars

I have totally been on a Selection kick since beginning the series two days ago. The fact of the matter is, these books are so addicting. I am still shocked that I like them, but that is completely okay.

As I begin The One, I am excited to see how it all plays out and how Kiera Cass stretches something like this into a 300 page novel. It should be interesting. Here we go!

I am a little over half-way done and reflecting on what I feel so far.

I am positive that this is the best book in the series so far. I love everything that is going on. I like that America isn't afraid to get down and dirty, and is herself almost always.

I love that the Queen is more included in this book than she was in the first two.

I love the small character development for Celeste, no matter if it is slightly unrealistic, I am proud of it all the same.

I am so incredibly happy with how things are playing out.

I cannot stand King Clarkson. He aggravates me for so many reasons, but I don't want to spoil the actual book, so I cannot say why. But GAHHHHHH.

The Rebels are so interesting, and finally getting to learn more about them is nice as well, and I feel adds another layer to the politics created in this society. I'm very glad it is included and Cass did a great job.

America's doubts are not nearly as annoying in this book as in The Elite which makes me so incredibly happy.

The bonding 200 pages in, between the remaining girls is such a sweet and tender moment, that I think they really needed. It takes Queen Amberly's advice and actually puts it to use.

Loving America more and more as time goes on!!!

As far as critiques so far, I guess how simple the writing is? That isn't necessarily a bad thing but I have noticed it throughout. I think it fits the character, so its not too bad.

The truly most annoying thing, is the repetition of different paragraphs. I swear that I have seen the same paragraph in each book, at least twice. It varies by a few words, but I often have this feeling I am reading the same exact thing over and over again.

Page 222, is the page that killed me. I am upset, and sad, and just feeling horrible. Why Kiera Cass, why? I am going to continue reading,because this cannot be true. It's not okay.

70 pages later and my prediction comes true of a certain happening. I won't divulge what exactly, but it was expected and sad and tragic. I'm praying it changes within the next thirty pages because if it ends like this I will be so upset.

It gets better! I love me a happy ending, although it definitely wasn't happy for all.

This is the best book in the series by far, and I am very happy with its conclusion. I loved the story, and the people and how they grew in the end.

I can forgive Kiera Cass for her terrible evil, in killing some of my favorite characters, but still, it is okay in the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment