Friday, August 21, 2015

Mini Review: How to Read Literature Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster
Title: How to Read Literature Like a Professor
Author: Thomas C. Foster
Page Count: 314
Genre: Nonfiction, education
Rating: 3/5 Stars

Short Review below:

Foster has a comedic voice in his descriptions, and pulls from a wide variety of literature that spans across time proving he is well-versed as a professor. That being said, I felt very often that he was shoving his opinion of different poets down my throat. For the most part, I enjoyed reading this, and what he had to say, It made me laugh, and kept me entertained through a good 75% of this.

 Then, He had us read 'The Garden Party' and I was bored for the rest of this book... It's sad. There is so much that goes into this, and then it falls flat.

I like the addition of the list of novels, plays, short stories, poems, movies etc in the back because it gives us a cohesive,challenging literature list which I will read from eventually!

Thank you, Thomas Foster for showing me new things, and helping me learn. I forgive you for being a little forceful at times.

For once, not a completely horrid required read. I learned something, and it didn't take the entire book to get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment