Friday, January 20, 2017

Well, I'm writing.

So, I'm one of those people that is lucky to write maybe 250-500 words a day, if I even write at all. So, when I talk about goals it probably won't be in word count. I might have an idea of where I would like to be, but most likely I will reach something with scenes.

As of now, I have about 15 chapters outlined of a project I'm working on.

My goal for January is to have 3 of those chapters drafted. If I can do more than that, great! But my goal is 3 of the chapters.

I'm really enjoying what I'm writing so far, though I think it's missing some sort of spark. But I think I'll find it.

I would like to have 10000+ words in the novel by the end of January, but I'm not even sure what I have right now to be honest. When I'm drafting this post (January 12th) I have somewhere between 1500-2000 words, but that's totally an estimate. My outline is 3200 words long, so at least there's that.

I really love this story, and I'm excited to see where it takes me. Starting in February I'm going to be doing a little update on my writing. A series entitled:

Cody Writes A Novel!

And each week I'll keep you updated on an estimated word count, my goals for that week (how much I want to write... whether it be scene wise or chapter wise. ) and maybe a line or two from that weeks writing.

I hope y'all are interested in this because I sure do love to write.

Thank you for listening... Love you all,

Cody Roecker

No comments:

Post a Comment