Thursday, January 5, 2017

A change is upon us (A small little text post on the year to come)



Hey guys. Cody here! (I mean, really, I'm pretty much the only one that blogs here besides a few posts from Jenna or Annelise once in a blue moon) I just thought I'd talk to you guys today.

I wanted to reflect on 2016 a little bit, and how far I have come this year. I could never thank any of you as deeply as I need to, but each and every one of you. If you are reading this now, thank you. If we've talked on twitter, Instagram, goodreads, or however else we've met, thank you.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this community. Thank you for being such a welcoming force, and such beautiful people. I am so thankful for the array of personalities I've met this last year. I'm thankful for the authorial and publishing connections I've met. I'm in the acknowledgments of a book y'all. And that means EVERYTHING to me.

Thank you to all the lovely twitter folk who I get to gush about books with. For those standing strong in the political climate we live in today. To those fighting for everything they believe in. I love you all. I cherish our friendship. I cherish everything that this is.

As you've probably noticed, I haven't been as present on my blog as per usual. My WoW have been posting, which I set up back in August, but then haven't looked at in months. They have been lacking in my usual "this is why I'm excited" and I sincerely apologize for my lack of presence here... But let me tell you guys:

College is time consuming.

As you may remember, I am attending Webster University (in St. Louis, MO) and am studying English with emphasis in Creative Writing with a second major in Dramaturgy (which is Theatre Studies, basically the research that goes behind the productions of the show. They are practically the "know-it-all people." And I'm so excited for that.

With that being said, I am so busy. And it's really hard to continue doing this, even if I would like to.

This is probably where you would expect me to be saying goodbye or something, but fear not!

I'm here to say. But, continuing from last year... I won't be as active as I would like. I will still do some WoW posts (hopefully with my usual flair) and I plan on keeping up with book reviews.

But my main focus of this blog, might shift a little with this upcoming year. One of my new years resolutions is to ACTUALLY WRITE.

I have done pretty well so far this year, and I'm going to continue.

I am going to write a book this year. Or maybe two books. Even super short first drafts. But they are going to happen. I have many ideas, but I haven't been putting my time and energy into it like I would like.

But by the end of May I plan to have written my MG novel. Hopefully. And by the end of the year I want to have made some serious headway on my YA novel. Details to come on those (maybe) once I get some solid thoughts down on paper and more than the 15k I have on my YA novel at this point.

The point is... I'm going to talk about writing more this year.

I'm not going to be reading as much. Hence why I set my reading goal on Goodreads to 35 books. I will read more than that. But, I'm limiting myself to that UNTIL I finish writing my books that I want to. Writing is my dream, and my passion. And this has to happen. I'd love to have an agent/publishing deal by the time I graduate college. Achievable? Entirely. That's why I'm starting now.

And I believe I can do this.

If you read all of this, thank you. I love you. And I'm so glad I know you.

With all the love in the world,

Cody Roecker

Roecker Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment