Saturday, July 9, 2016

Zenith: The Androma Saga by Lindsay Cummings and Sasha Alsberg

Zenith (The Androma Saga #1)
Title: Zenith Part One: The Androma Saga
Author: Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings
Page Count: 62
Genre: Young Adult Science Fiction/Fantasy
Rating: 3.5 Stars!
Source: Purchased on Kindle
Goodreads
Synopsis: Most know her as the Bloody Baroness, the captain of a fearsome glass starship called The Marauder. Androma and her crew strike terror in the hearts of those who cross them amongst the many corners of the Mirabel Galaxy.

When a routine mission goes rogue, the all-female crew is captured by a bounty hunter from Andi’s past and forced into a job that could, quite literally, start a war that will devour worlds.

Meanwhile, on the far side of the galaxy, the ruthless ruler Nor waits in the shadows of the planet Xen Ptera, biding her time. The final pieces are about to fall into place, liberating a plan that will tear Mirabel in two.

As the Marauder hurtles toward the unknown, there is one lesson that proves to be true: No one can be trusted in a galaxy that runs on lies and illusion.

From internet sensation Sasha Alsberg and multi-genre author Lindsay Cummings comes a new serialized space opera, full of action, intrigue, and steamy star-crossed romance.


Review:

I have quite a bit to say about a book that is going to be released in parts... and this was rather short and I read it rather quickly... but I have thoughts.

I honestly thought the writing was good. Not great, but good. I knew when a different person was writing, I found that quite easy to pick out even though I'm not sure which author wrote which part? I am fairly certain they broke off the chapters and alternated but I'm not completely set on that.

I thought this was slightly over-descriptive but it was highly enjoyable!

I have seen many comparisons of Andi and Celaena and I would be inclined to agree, but I honestly don't care because Andi is the parts of Celaena I really enjoyed. I  absolutely adored the immense amount of girl power although I felt their strengths were almost too strong if that makes sense. I thought it was highly unrealistic for everyone of these people. Every single person to be so strong and badass. But overlooking the unrealistic nature... I found myself having a good time with this novel and actually really liking the characters.

I do NOT like the Dex/Andi backstory as lovers... But that's my own personal preference. I just think it is completely unnecessary to show these badass broads... but I didn't read that this was going to be a "steamy star-crossed romance." So, whatever. The authors did what they said they were going to, which I am happy about.

I do think that this story shows immense promise and I absolutely cherish Chapter 8 and Nox. I am SO excited to see her and hopefully her villainy. I just thought it was the most well written chapter and offered lots to explore in the future installments.

I will gladly be picking up the second part. :)

I think if your looking for something with a little less depth than most books, this is for you. And I will admit these ladies are pretty badass. :)

Also, the cover is GORGEOUS. Great job J D Netto! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment