Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #10


Labyrinth Lost (Brooklyn Brujas, #1)

September 6th, 2016

This week I have chosen Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova

I'm SO excited for this novel! And here's a synopsis as to why:

Nothing says Happy Birthday like summoning the spirits of your dead relatives.

I fall to my knees. Shattered glass, melted candles and the outline of scorched feathers are all that surround me. Every single person who was in my house – my entire family — is gone.

Alex is a bruja, the most powerful witch in a generation…and she hates magic. At her Deathday celebration, Alex performs a spell to rid herself of her power. But it backfires. Her whole family vanishes into thin air, leaving her alone with Nova, a brujo boy she can’t trust. A boy whose intentions are as dark as the strange markings on his skin.

The only way to get her family back is to travel with Nova to Los Lagos, a land in-between, as dark as Limbo and as strange as Wonderland…

Beautiful Creatures meets Daughter of Smoke and Bone with an infusion of Latin American tradition in this highly original fantasy adventure

1. Those comp. titles! I haven't read beautiful creatures... and I don't really care but... DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE HOLY MOLY YES PLEASE.

2. I already like the little sample that the synopsis gives.

3. Witches WOOT WOOT

4. I want to got to Los Lagos. It sounds dark and mysterious and intriguing.

5. I want to see the spirits of my dead relatives.

6 This book has intriguing written all over it and I am ready for it!
A weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where we post our most anticipated releases!


No comments:

Post a Comment