Saturday, April 16, 2016

March Wrap Up: Better Late Than Never!

First of all, I would like to apologize for not getting this up sooner. Life has been crazy hectic, and I am now in my final two months of high school.

I have less than half a month to decide where I am going to college.... and that is TERRIFYING.

School is so stressful right now, I have two AP tests coming up on May 4th and May 10th and WHAT IS LIFE. THIS IS CRAZY. THIS WILL SAVE ME MONEY IN THE LONG RUN BUT ALSO WHAT IS LIFE.

Okay, ranting aside, her is my March Wrap Up!

Going back and looking at what I read was insane! I read so much more than I ever expected!

1. I finished Mosquitoland by David Arnold

This quirky debut was well-written and such a comment on the importance of family (at least it was for me... not the main message of the book, or maybe it was?) Anyways, I really enjoyed it. ESPECIALLY the last 40 pages which murdered my feels.
4/5 Stars

2. The Curious Incident of The Dog In The Nighttime by Mark Haddon

This was super interesting, but by the end I didn't feel like anything had really happened.

3/5 Stars

3, Fledgling by Nicole Conway

This book was really quick, and for the most part I enjoyed it immensely, although it was riddled with clichés.
3.5/5 Stars

4. Shadowlands

A quick play about Joy and C. S. Lewis which I highly enjoyed once I got into the story (which took a little too long for a play)

3/5 Stars

5. Fairest by Marissa Meyer

I really, really enjoyed this novel that allowed us to see Levana's motivations. Although shorter than expected, it offered a lot of important information.

4/5 Stars

6. Dreamology by Lucy Keating

I have talked about this book A FREAKING CRAP TON. It is beautiful, it is sweet, it is the stuff of dreams (literally) ;) I cannot recommend it enough.

4.5/5 Stars

7. The Gigantic Beard That Was Evil

Great commentary on societal standards. Loved it.
4/5 Stars

8. A Gathering of Shadows by V E Schwab (Review to come when Annelise finishes it...)

The much anticipated sequel to ADSOM, that was much slower paced, and just as character driven, and ended with an atrocious cliffhanger that has killed me in many, many ways.

4/5 Stars

9. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston

I missed the point.

2/5 Stars

10. The Wrath & The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

This book was better than I was expecting for myself, but not as phenomenal as everyone gave it credit for. Don't get me wrong... I REALLY LIKED IT. But the hype was a little much.

4/5 Stars


11. The Misanthrope by Moliere

Quick, enjoyable, for the most part. I don't remember much.

3/5 Stars

12. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi

Easily my favorite read of the month. Lyrical, gorgeous, swoon-worthy. My reviews says all. <3

5/5 Stars!

This, was a struggle to write because I have been feeling very, very slumpy lately. Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed this, and are planning on looking at my reviews as well!

Love you! I hope to have another post/review up soon! (I really, really, hope so.)

Love,

Cody Roecker

No comments:

Post a Comment