Saturday, April 30, 2016

Breaking the Slump! (or at least, trying... really, really hard...)

I have been so slumpy lately... in all aspects of my life.
I haven't been particularly busy, yet I haven't really accomplished anything lately...

I finished maybe 4 books in April? And one was a play... and another a middle grade graphic novel.

I have started countless others... but I haven't been able to continue with them...

and then there's this whole blogging thing.... which I LOVE TO DEATH.

It's been a struggle to get myself to open this page, and type some words, and post them... and talk to people... it just hasn't been happening.

Why? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?

All I know, is I still love all of you... and appreciate you all immensely. I really hope to be more active next month... I mean... I still have some reviews to write, so hopefully those will be written in May (or they will never be written...) and I hope that I will read more in May....

SPEAKING OF WHICH... I just put a few books on hold at the library!!!

1. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater (I'm like number 42... it will be awhile.)
2. The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh (Number 28)
3. The Love That Split The World by Emily Henry (#1 woot woot! I'm excited!)
4. The First Time She Drowned by Kerry Kletter (#3 SO EXCITED)
5. The BFG by Roald Dahl (#3 I have been itching to reread this childhood favorite!)

Aaaaannnywwwaaaaaysssssss,

I'm typing this up at like 11:30, and I am exhausted... I'm also rereading Looking for Alaska... hoping it will get me out of Slumptown... (I MEAN ITS MY FAVORITE JOHN GREEN NOVEL BY FAAAAAAR!)

So, my goals for may include:

1. Stress less, read more.
2. Don't let them know that blogging scares you to your core.
3. I want to write more posts.
4. I'm almost graduating, don't mean to boast.

Yo yo yo yo yo What time is it? BLOGGING TIME! HEEEEYYYY! I'm C Roecker and the place to be, I'm spitting out my May goals, and I surely believe. I can do this son, I promise thee, that I will write, and I'll read, and i'll drink more tea?

I tried so hard to rap that I think I lost sight of the bigger picture... I WILL FIGHT THIS BATTLE. I WILL WIN THIS WAR!


Do you guys ever feel this way? What do you do to counteract your slumpy feels? Let me know down in the comments!!!!

P.S. If you have any book recommendations I would LOVE those as well!!!! :) :) :)

Cody @ Roecker Reviews <3

Love y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment