Wednesday, May 4, 2016

The Post After AP Testing and Scholarship Interview

I WROTE ABOUT GATSBY, REFERENCED HAMILTON, AND DIDN'T CRY! <3

It all went so well! 

As per AP testing rules I will be super vague about everything...

This year there was three poems and two prose pieces on the multiple choice... and I suffered because of it. I felt the weakest about the multiple choice especially one of the prose pieces, and on poem... The rest I felt moderately adequate on. I should get around 35/55 about... which is 5 less than I want... but that's okay...

BUT THE ESSAY PORTION.

3 Essays...

1 FANTASTIC ESSAY WHERE I REFERENCED HAMILTON!  I feel I got a 7 or an 8

1 PRETTY GOOD ESSAY WHERE I TALKED ABOUT GATSBY Probably a 6

1 ALRIGHT ESSAY BUT GOOD ENOUGH. Hopefully a 5 for good writing?

Overall, I just feel SO much better than I ever expected to! Things are definitely on the bright side! <3 <3

Thank you all for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers, I definitely appreciate it!

Now onto my SCHOLARSHIP INTERVIEW...

Okay, this was something I was TERRIFIED to do... What if I messed up? What if I failed miserably? Oh my goodness... my anxiety level was THROUGH THE ROOF!

But once I got in, there was only one guy I talked too, instead of four... because three had meetings they needed to go to...

And Dennis was very laid back, and let me talk about writing for awhile, and my future, and everything... and it was actually very refreshing.

He told me I would hear back from them by the end of the week whether or not I got my scholarship...

He also told me how he loved the passion I had when I talked about writing and English and publishing. He told me the passion sparkled in my eyes and just AHH! YAY!

<3

Overall, this was just wonderful and I am SO happy right now!

P.S

I have started my reread of ACOTAR by S J Maas... I read like 60 pages...
I started All The Bright Places and have read 60 pages... hoping I like it more than I do now...
I read the first chapter of This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzie Lee and I want to read more! IT IS GOOD! I'm gonna read that if ATBP doesn't pick up...

I am trying this month the new style of posts where I just kind of talk to y'all... Are you guys liking this? I haven't finished a review in a while... but will post those when I'm done...

Have any suggestions? :)

Love y'all

Cody @ Roecker Reviews <3


No comments:

Post a Comment