Monday, July 20, 2015

BookReview: We Were Liars by e. Lockhart

A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True love.
The truth.

We Were Liars is a modern, sophisticated suspense novel from National Book Award finalist and Printz Award honoree E. Lockhart. 

Read it.
And if anyone asks you how it ends, just LIE.


We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
Title: We Were Liars
Author: E. Lockhart
Page Count: 225
Genre: Young Adult, Mystery, Contemporary
Rating: 3.5/5 Review: This book has left me on the edge of my seat the entire time because the entire time I was trying to figure out what was real and what wasn't. The writing is amazing. I really enjoy the way e. Lockhart creates this unreliable character and you never know who you can trust and what is truly going on. 

The suspense in this book is utterly unbelievable. I am enamored by everything that was going on.The plot was intriguing and enough to keep me reading. 

The main character could be annoying with her borderline obsession with another character, and with everything that was going on, it makes sense. 

When you get to the end and everything is told to you, it all comes together really nicely. 

I enjoyed this book, however, the plot twist wasn't as grand as I was expecting. It's partially my fault for listening to what everyone had to say about this twist but I wasn't surprised, I sorta expected it. So that left me a little disappointed. 

The Sinclair family reminds me a lot of Season 1 of Revenge on ABC which I granted only watched half of... anyways, it had that upper-class East Hampton's vibe to it which was interesting. 

If you enjoy being confused but intrigued, I would pick this up.It's a very quick read and will keep you interested. 

I will be reading more books by e lockhart in the future. 

Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment