September 27th 2016
This week I have chosen the highly anticipated (by all) Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo!!!
Not only did the first book hold some of my highest ranking OTPs. The suspenseful writing and gripping action topped off with complex immoral characters brings together a beautiful beginning to what will soon become my favorite duology.
Goodreads Synopsis: Kaz Brekker and his crew have just pulled off a heist so daring even they didn't think they'd survive. But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they're right back to fighting for their lives. Double-crossed and left crippled by the kidnapping of a valuable team member, the crew is low on resources, allies, and hope. As powerful forces from around the world descend on Ketterdam to root out the secrets of the dangerous drug known as jurda parem, old rivals and new enemies emerge to challenge Kaz's cunning and test the team's fragile loyalties. A war will be waged on the city's dark and twisting streets―a battle for revenge and redemption that will decide the fate of magic in the Grisha world
1. Short and sweet and exciting as hell. I love this synopsis.
2. WE GET WYLAN'S POV. HELL YEAH. MY PRECIOUS CINNAMON ROLL.
3. I'm hoping for some more (I actually don't know the ship names yet?) but more of all of it. Every one of them. Have funnn. Because I love you.
4. Kaz is badass. Inej is even more badass. Nina is heart wrenching *badoom tssss*. Matthias is freaking wonderful. I love Wylan's "innocence." I love Jesper's freaking everything. I adore every freaking character soooo damn much.
8. MORE GRISHAA! (Writing this in July really makes me want to finally read Siege & Storm and Ruin & Rising finally...!)
9. WE HAVE TWO WEEKS GUYS AHHHHH!!!!!!!!
A weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where we post our most anticipated releases!