Sunday, June 19, 2016

Unpopular Opinions Book Tag

I wasn't tagged by anybody but I have always wanted to do this book tag and share my unpopular opinions with you all! (This has been a real struggle to come up with I see...)

Question #1: A popular book or series you did NOT like.


I am going to give you all a few books that I just didn't feel matched the standards expected of them


The Program (The Program, #1) The Sky is Everywhere Peter Pan

The Program was supposed to be about a program used to wipe the memories of people who are depressed/suicidal have some kind of mental illness.... and not only did this piss me off... it focused solely on the romance, okay... not solely... but my goodness there was just too much for me to enjoy the book, when I expected something WAAAAAY different.

The Sky is Everywhere just disappointed me because I didn't think it really went anywhere and I didn't really care about the characters as much as I would have liked. (I still feel guilty for not liking it... Maybe I'll reread it in a year or two) I did LOVE Jandy Nelson's second novel I'll Give You The Sun. I believe you should all go and read that one!

Peter Pan, oh Peter Pan. You started off so well, and disappointed me so completely and utterly. It was BORING. It wasn't well written, at least in a way that would keep me reading...  I was so disappointed.

Question 2: A book or series everyone seemed to hate but you loved

I honestly cannot think of anything... This is so difficult. I loved Pendragon more than most people. :D

The Merchant of Death (Pendragon, #1)
In these covers you get to watch him grow up but here is the new edition:

The Merchant of Death (Pendragon, #1)

One day I would really like to own all of these books. There are 10. I loved them all enough for this to be my FAVORITE childhood series that I truly believe to still be my favorite.


Question 3: A love triangle where the person ended up with the person you did not want or OTP you don't like.

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
Dare I mention Throne of Glass? This isn't exactly official as the series is not finished yet... but I have never really been content with Celaena's choices...

Question 4: A popular book genre you hardly reach for

Young Adult Paranormal... or any type of romance book.

Question 5: A popular beloved character that you do NOT like

Tris Prior...
I don't love Celaena as much as I used to, at least in this last book. (I still like her though) I didn't care for Feyre in ACOTAR (but I have yet to read ACOMAF so that could obviously change.) I absolutely loathe Mare in Red Queen but doesn't almost everyone? Hahah

Question 6: A Popular Author you can't get into

Suzanne Young... I don't have too many. I generally give any author a try! And usually twice before I give up!

Question 7: A popular book trope that you are tired of seeing

Plain Jane! Chosen One. Speshul Snowflakes. Anything of those sorts.

Question 8: A popular series you have no interest in reading

The Lux Series by Jennifer L Armentrout

Question 9: A movie or TV show you prefer over the book it was based off of!

The Maze Runner by James Dashner! I mean those movies are suspenseful! And I just didn't loooove the books, y'know?

Even though nobody tagged me, I want to tag everyone who is reading this! (I can pretend that is how I was tagged!)

Have a wonderful day/night!

- Cody @ Roecker Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment