Thursday, June 2, 2016

Graphic Novels Spree!!!

This post has been a few months in the making.. and I wanted it to be a grand thing... But then I didn't read some of the books I checked out! D:

I had an overwhelming necessity to read some graphic novels, so Jenna Corso and I went to our local library and perused the section until we grabbed the graphic novels & comic books we wished to read. I grabbed Princess Decomposia and Count Spatula and Black Orchid by Neil Gaiman. Jenna grabbed The Last Unicorn but told me I needed to read it first.

Princess Decomposia and Count Spatula

So, I went home and I read Princess Decomposia and Count Spatula because it looked cute and I wanted some cuteness. It was cute, but the graphics were just alright. It was a story about Princess Decomposia in this kingdom, where her dad does absolutely nothing and feigns being to sick to do anything when politics are brought up. This leaves Decomposia to do everything herself. The King is also super picky about all of his food which is where Count Spatula comes in. This is romantic in a sense and a quick read, but it doesn't offer much more than cuteness.


Then I picked up the Last Unicorn.... HOLY MOLY. THIS BOOK WAS SO PRETTY. IT WAS SO GOOD, SO DAMN GOOD. I highly, highly recommend this, and just basking in its beauty because that is all you are going to want to do. I would explain what it's about but I honestly think it's better to not know except that it follows the last unicorn left on Earth. And it's phenomenal.
The Last Unicorn


Then I picked up Black Orchid by Neil Gaiman and I started it and never finished it because I wasn't feeling it, I feel like I will eventually re-check it out and probably like it, it looked super interesting. The cover art was hella interesting though!

Black Orchid


Fast forward a couple weeks and I went back to the Library and I checked out two more graphic novels...

First, I read The Gigantic Beard That Was Evil by Stephen Collins and BOY WAS IT BEAUTIFUL. The story was ingenious and commented on societal norms and their effect on humanity and I truly appreciate it. Honestly, I liked this more while reading it than while looking back on it, but I think it was pretty adequate.
The Gigantic Beard That Was Evil

And I never read the second one... but it was called Sailor Twain...

Anyways, of them, I would OF COURSE recommend THE LAST UNICORN. And I really enjoyed THE GIGANTIC BEARD THAT WAS EVIL.

Also, I loved NIMONA.
Nimona



No comments:

Post a Comment